Phone: (313) 444-6820
Degrees and Certifications:
Ebony Hudson, who has been the Parent Outreach Coordinator for Moses Field since 2016, is President of the School Council and has a child attending DPSCD. The Parent Action Leader (PAL)'s primary responsibilities are:
- Assist with the promotion and organization of your school's Parent Academy Workshops
- Attend and recruit for Parent Academy classes. Student Advisory Counsel (SAC), DPSCD Board and various community meetings may be attended as well.
- Assist the Parent Academy facilitator with registration, sign in, evaluations, raffles, etc.
- Share Title I information during parent meetings
- Attend PAL monthly meetings as well as PTA
- Serve as the Point of Contact person for volunteers
- Meet and greet parents during students' morning arrival and afternoon dismissal
- Use school volunteer list to recruit participants for school and district events
- Maintain the Family Engagement Center
- Actively recruit other parents to become PTA members
- Distribute various information/communications to school (e.g. flyers, announcements, brochures, use of Robo calls
- Provide support as directed by the Family and Community Engagement Representative
The PTA is a primary parent organization that provides the district with a national, uniform, and well-resourced platform for parents and teachers to work together for the benefit of students. PTAs at each school create a clear strategy to ensure teachers and parents work closer together to advocate for our schools and children.
If you are interested in becoming a PTA member for Moses Field Center, please stop by room 19 and pick up an application. Your completed application can be dropped in the suggestion box by the main office. Membership is $10 annually.
Hello, if you are interested in volunteering at Moses Field Center, use the link below to schedule your LiveScan fingerprint appointment. We thank you in advance!
Schedule an appointment: https://detroit-public-schools-community-district-police-department.square.site/
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Detroit Public Schools Community District
Office of Risk Management
3011 W. Grand Blvd. 11th Floor
Detroit, MI 48202
DPSCD Criminal Convictions/Background and Live Scan Unit or the Risk Management Department at (313) 748-6013
Moses Field Center