Greetings Blackwell Family,
Welcome Back! I do hope you and your family are safe and doing well. I want to welcome our new families to Catherine C. Blackwell Institute; you will not be disappointed.
One of our first goals this year is to reacclimate students back to in-person learning as smoothly and quickly as possible. We must get them on track to routines and procedures. This will require support at home and in-school. This can start by:
- Ensuring students are in uniforms Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Come to school all day, everyday
- Implement an at home routine which includes a set bedtime
Our major goal is to close the achievement learning gap. We know our students suffered learning loss, due to the pandemic and will work hard to correct this. We are implementing various intervention programs during and after school to address learning deficits.
My ask is that you support our efforts by being active and involved in your child’s learning. Check emails, Class Dojo, the Parent Portal, attend parent meetings and listen to Robocalls to name a few. Together we will raise our students’ achievement.
- Masks must be worn in the building by all staff and students
- School starts 8:30, Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Uniforms are royal purple tops and black bottoms. Grades 6-8 royal purple or deep gold tops with black or tan bottoms
- Back to School Jam, Wednesday, September 1, 2021, from 12-3
I feel like a kid anticipating Christmas morning because I am so excited awaiting on the return of our students to the building. This school year is going to be difficult, and it is going to require hard work from us all. BUT because we are Great On Purpose, I have no doubt this school year we are going to experience numerous educational gains and successes.
Natalia Russell, Principal