Principal's Welcome Letter
September 7, 2021
Dear Parent/Guardian(s): On behalf of the staff at Hamilton Elementary-Middle School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year. This is my 7th year as Principal, and each year I am excited to see how my students have grown and matured during the summer months. I am also excited to see all the faces of new students who will be attending our school for the first time. I thank you for entrusting us with your child(ren), and I assure you that our staff will cater to the educational, social and emotional needs of every child who walks through our door.
I know that the insurgence of Covid-19 landed us in uncharted waters and moments of uncertainty. Some of you have spent the entire time on a virtual platform and some have engaged in both F2F and virtual, as directed by Superintendent Dr. Vitti. Now it’s time for us to return to full in-person instruction. I want to assure you that my staff and I will implement all Covid-19 mitigation protocols to ensure that everyone is safe. These Covid-19 safety protocols are listed below:
- All staff, students, parents and guests, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, must wear a face covering while inside of the building.
- Students and staff, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, will complete weekly Covid-19 saliva testing.
- Students and staff, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, will complete daily symptom checks upon entry into the building.
- Classroom seating is configured to observe 3ft. social distancing between all students.
- Personal protection equipment is available in all classrooms and offices inside of the building.
- Attend school on time every day.
- Complete and turn-in all homework assignments on time. Read daily to develop to enhance their literacy skills.
- Engage in conversations with you about their school experiences so you are aware of his/her/their school life.
- Know that you expect the very best from them in all they do.
- Participate and engage in all academic and social/emotional additional supports.
Dr. Pamela Bilbrew