Our Academics & Electives
We draw upon the expertise of our educators and work together to create models of outstanding achievement in every classroom. Through implementing high-quality instructional materials and transforming the academic culture in our schools, we challenge and inspire our students to thrive in the world. With a wide variety of academics and enrichment opportunities aligned with state standards, we support students in unlocking their potential as they extend their skills and talents beyond the classroom. Our core curriculum includes:
- English Language Arts - We are committed to nurturing and developing a strong literacy foundation for all students in the early school years by implementing literacy instructional frameworks that prepare students to become independent readers and writers. Learn more here.
- Math - The mathematics curriculum seeks to ensure mathematical competence and confidence in students in mathematics-rich classroom environments. Learn more here.
- Science - Classroom experiences in science are connected to real-world phenomena and provide opportunities to engage in science and engineering practices through exposure to STEM-related career pathways. Learn more here.
- Social Studies - Students gain the content knowledge, intellectual skills, and core democratic values necessary for fulling their civic duties in a participatory democracy and effectively engaging in our global society. Learn more here.
- Gym- We are committed to students to developing healthy habits. Students participate in consistent physical activity. Teamwork, communication, and sportmanship are pillars in our phyical education program.
- Art- Students learn the elements of art and how to apply them in their own artwork. Our student artwork has consistently been shown in the DPSCD/DIA art show.