We draw upon the expertise of our educators and work together to create models of outstanding achievement in every classroom. Through implementing high-quality instructional materials and transforming the academic culture in our schools, we challenge and inspire our students to thrive in the world. With a wide variety of academic and enrichment opportunities aligned with state standards, we support students in unlocking their potential as they extend their skills and talents beyond the classroom. Our core curriculum includes:
- English Language Arts (ELA) - We are committed to nurturing and developing a strong literacy foundation for all students in the early school years by implementing literacy instructional frameworks that prepare students to become independent readers and writers.
- Math - The mathematics curriculum seeks to ensure mathematical competence and confidence in students in mathematics-rich classroom environments.
- Science - Classroom experiences in science are connected to real-world phenomena and provide opportunities to engage in science and engineering practices through exposure to STEM-related career pathways.
- Social Studies - Students gain the content knowledge, intellectual skills, and core democratic values necessary for fulfilling their civic duties in a participatory democracy and effectively engaging in our global society.
- Visually Impaired (VI) - In addition to the many educational settings offered, we also provide the latest hardware, software and visual aids to promote academic achievement. Services such as Orientation and Mobility are in place to assist our students in making the transition from school to school and from school to community. We also service visually impaired Detroit students attending public schools in other counties. Our VI students participate in Partial and Full Inclusive Education Programs in their neighborhood school or attend general education classes in addition to placement in categorical classroom settings.