Arrival and Departure Procedures
The front school doors are opened at 8:00 AM for breakfast daily.
School begins at 8:30 AM, students are considered late when they arrive after 8:35 AM.
Early Dismissal from School
Early dismissal is strongly discouraged. Children who are picked up regulary 1/2 hour to an hour early can actually wind up missing weeks of class per semester affecting their grades and academic future.
However, at times emergencies do dictate student(s) be picked up early. In those cases, Parents/Guardians/Emergency Contacts wishing to retrieve a student from school early must follow these procedures:
- Parents picking up their child(ren) must sign in at the attendance/main office/security station to let office staff know of their entry.
- Parents/Guardians wishing to sign a student out of school must present a valid Michigan Driver’s license or State Identification card. The person’s name must also appear on the child’s computerized record in order for the student to be released.
- A staff member will then be notified of your child’s dismissal and will report to the attendance/main office with your child(ren)
***IF the adult's name does NOT appear on the school list to pick up the student(s) will NOT be released.***
Dismissal from School
- Kindergarten though 2nd grade students are all released from the auditorium.
- Bus children are guided to the bus door to load onto the busses for their rides.
- Remaining 3rd though 8th grade students are all dismissed through the front doors of the building to walk or ride home.
- ***Any possible students left without a way home are led to the office where a parent/guardian can be called for assitance.***