Arrival and Departure Procedures
The front school doors are opened daily at 8:00 a.m and breakfast is served upon student arrival.
School begins at 8:30 a.m. Students are considered tardy when they arrive at school or in class after 8:35 am.
Early Dismissal from School
Early dismissal is strongly discouraged. Children who are picked up 1/2 hour to an hour early are missing weeks of class per semester, affecting their grades and academic success.
However, emergencies will occur and student(s) must be picked up early. In those cases, Parent/Guardian/Emergency Contact wishing to retrieve a student from school early must follow these procedures:
- Parents picking up their child(ren) must sign in at the attendance/main office/security station to let office staff know of their entry.
- Parent/ guardians wishing to sign a student out of school must present a valid Michigan Driver’s license or State Identification card. The person’s name must also appear on the child’s contact record in order for the student to be released.
- The classroom teacher will be notified to release your student with their belongings and send him/her immediately to the main office.
***If the adult's name does NOT appear on the school contact list, the student(s) will NOT be released.***
Dismissal from School
- Kindergarten though 2nd grade students are escorted to the far right door by their homeroom teachers.
- Bus children,grades Kindergarten through 3rd, are guided to their buses shortly before the school day ends.
- Remaining 3rd through 5th grade students are all dismissed through the front doors of the building to walk or ride home, and 6th -8th grade students are escorted to the bus pickup/drop off door.
- Any students left without a way home are led to the office. Office staff will contact a parent/guardian to arrange the student(s) pick up.