- School begins at 8:30, students are allowed inside the building at 8:25. Students will enter through the main door (Door 1). Students should go to their lockers and immediately to class. Breakfast will be served inside the classrooms.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 5th graders exit throgh the main door on Burns (Door 1).
- 3rd and 4th graders exit through Door 4.
- Middles school students exit through Door
- Students who arrive late to school must ring the buzzer at the main door (Door 1) to gain entrance into the building. Once students enter they must sign in with the security guard, then proceed to their classroom.
Early Pick ups
- While we discourage parent from coming to the school early to pick up their children we do understand that emergencies to come up. Please be aware that if you choose to pick up your child before school dismissal you must enter through the main door, sign in and the security desk and report immmediately to the main office. Ms Shaw or Ms Young will be in the main office to call for your students. DO NOT GO TO YOUR CHILD'S CLASS OR OTHER AREAS OF THE BUILDING TO GET YOUR CHILD. Again this procedure is set in place to ensure the safety of all chidren at Nichols.
Student safety is important at Nichols Elementary
- When you drop your child off make sure it is at close to 8:30am as possible as no children will be allowed into the building prior to breakfast time. There is no supervision for your child prior to this time so we ask for your cooperation in this matter. In the event that you wish to speak to your child's teacher in the morning, we ask that any parent that wishes to come into the building in the morning please sign in and report to the office prior to addressing the teacher. Teachers are usually preparing for your studetns arrival and serving breakfast so meetings in the morning must be limited. Teachers are available during the prep periods for extensive converstations regarding your childs individual needs.
- When dropping of your student, please follow all traffic laws. Please refrain from parking or idling directly in front of the school or on the side of the school. School buses are entering from this direction and if cars are parked on both sides of the street the area become congested making difficult for buses to enter and exit. Please do not block or enter the teacher parking lot. The lot is small and accomodates our staff but has very few extra spaces for parents. If you are volunteering for the day, feel free to use the lot if available.