Work Based Learning
Work Based Learning: Golightly CTC provides students with a Work-Based Learning experience for structured learning, training and mentoring. Experiences such as: job shadowing, internships, practicums, focus trips, and career pathway guest speakers.
Work Based Learning /Cooperative Education: A training program where students who upon successful completion of their program and a recommendation by their program manager will be assigned to a job site that provides part time, work-based learning in lieu of attending our Center during classroom time.
Graduate Placement: Upon graduation from high school, services will be available to assist students in obtaining full-time employment.
Summer Internships: Paid on-the-job learning experiences provide students with an opportunity to practice skills obtained in their program of study. Summer Internship referrals are made based on employer openings and recommendations.
Work Based Learning provides sustained interactions with employers or community professionals in real workplace settings, to the extent practicable, or simulated environments at an educational institution that foster in-depth, first-hand engagement with the tasks required of a given career field, that are aligned to curriculum, instruction, and CTE Program standards.
• Prerequisites: Recommendation from teacher/program manager/ counselor. Grade point average minimum – 2.0
• Course Length: One year or Segment Q second year participants
• Wages: Minimum wage or it can vary depending upon employer or internship type
• Certificates: Work-Based Learning
• Post-Secondary Options of Study: Wayne County Community College, Macomb Community College, Schoolcraft College and other colleges and universities