Dixon Elementary Middle School Academy Dress for Success Expectations
The purpose of the Dixon Dress for Success Dress Expectation is to ensure that each student is dressed in clothing conducive to promoting a positive learning environment and ultimately prepares them for Success in their future career expectations.
Pants / Slacks
- Pants must be black, and khaki, ( No Denim Material)
- Pants should not have holes, be frayed, or drag the ground.
- Pants should be solid in color, with no stripes, two-tones, or extra decorations.
- Pants must have a waistband, with belt loops.
- A belt must be worn. Pants should be worn at the waist.
- No jeans of any type may be worn.
- No stretch material may be worn.
- No Yoga Pants, Leggings, are allowed unless worn beneath a skirt or shorts or worn with a long top.
- Shirts must be solidly RED (K-5), BURGUNDY (6th Grade), BLUE (7th Grade), BLACK (8th Grade).
- Shirts must have a collar and sleeves that are at least 3 inches long.
- Shirts must not be tight, see-through, or provocative.
- Shirts must be a solid color with no extra decorations.
- If a shirt has a logo, it must be less than a quarter in diameter.
- Undershirts may not be worn.
- Camisoles are not appropriate.
- Turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks are allowed.
Sweaters / Sweatshirts / Hoodies
- Sweaters or sweater vests are allowed, with the appropriate collared shirt worn underneath.
- Students cannot wear outside jackets or hoodies in the building.
Jackets / Coats
- Jackets or coats may be worn to school but must be immediately removed and placed in locker.
Please make sure you have your children in the appropriate uniforms on a daily basis. If you ever need assistance with obtaining a temporary uniform feel free to see Ms. G. Anderson our Family Independence Specialist through DHHS.