School Dress Code
Brewer Academy is a uniform school. The thoughtful design and careful administering of a dress code is essential to the success of the school.
Appropriate and acceptable uniforms for Brewer Academy Elem/Middle School are
Our School Colors
Burgundy, Red, Black, White
Slacks and Pants
* Color: All slacks and pants must be a solid color: Khaki, navy blue, or black. (Leggings and tights are not allowed.)
* Style: Slacks and pants can be pleated or flat front, full length and appropriately fastened at the waist.
* Material: Cotton, canvas, corduroy, linen, polyester, wool or fabric blends.
* Belts: If the garment has belt loops, a belt should be worn at all times
* Shirts and blouses must have buttoned down or straight collars. Turtlenecks and polo styles are permitted. At the school’s discretion, tops must be worn tucked inside pants, slacks, or skirts.
* Color: All students shall wear approved colors required by the school.
* Style: Long and short sleeves with a collar required. Turtlenecks and polo styles are permitted.
* Logos: Manufacturer trademarks, if any, must be one inch or less. DPSCD school logos are permitted and are not limited in size.
Skirts and Jumpers/Skorts
* Color: Khaki, navy blue and black, in a solid, single color.
* Style: Skirts must be at least knee length.
Jackets, Cardigans, and Sweaters
* Color: Should match an accepted uniform color.
* Style: All must be worn over a collared shirt, turtleneck, or polo style top.
* Hooded Jacket: Hoods are not to be worn (on the head) during the school day
* Style: Athletic shoes, laced shoes and/or other shoe boots, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed-toed/closed heel shoes.
* Students are prohibited from wearing toed boots or shoes to school.
* Mules are inappropriate.