Principal’s Welcome Letter
September 7, 2021
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year Matadors and families! I am so happy to be able to welcome you back to in-person learning at Spain this Fall. It has been many months since we have seen our halls and classrooms filled with students. Many of you have grown and changed over these months of us being apart and you may notice that some of us have changed a little too, but one thing that remains constant is our joy and passion to educate each student and to help them on their path to success.
We know that this will be a different year for everyone and so we ask that everyone pack some patience as we all try and navigate our way through the return to learning and the pandemic. It is our goal to keep everyone safe and healthy while providing a quality education. We will need to implement some new policies and procedures and we ask that everyone adhere to them in order to keep our Spain Matador family safe. We have never lived in these times and we continue to face uncertainty with the Covid-19 Pandemic. Due to these uncertainties we must implement Covid-19 mitigation protocols. The Covid-19 safety protocols are listed as follows:
- All staff, students, parents and guests, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, must wear a face covering while inside of the building.
- Staff, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, will complete weekly Covid-19 saliva testing. Parents may give permission for their children to have the weekly saliva test.
- Students and staff, vaccinated and non-vaccinated, will complete daily symptom checks upon entry into the building.
- Classroom seating is configured to observe 3ft. social distancing between all students.
- Personal protection equipment is available in all classrooms and offices inside of the building.
Please be certain that it is our priority to not only meet the educational needs of each child, but to also ensure that we are addressing and meeting the social and emotional needs of every child as well by ensuring that we have a school social worker and school nurse present to work with our students. Parents we cannot do this alone and we are asking that you partner with us to make this a safe and successful year. If we work together, we can make certain that each child’s needs are met. Please contact the main office if you need further information on safety protocols or ways that you can help support the school in ensuring a safe and successful school year for all of our children.