The Office of Mathematics is committed to improving mathematics teaching and learning. We support educators, staff, students, and families in numerous ways that align with the district’s priorities to:
- Empower teachers to deliver high-quality instruction utilizing standards-based curriculum.
- Provide district-wide mathematics curriculum leadership.
- Ensure mathematical competence and confidence in students.
- Encourage mathematics-rich classroom environments.
- Promote rigor, relevance, and relationships in mathematics’ classrooms.
The Office of Mathematics is committed to ensuing that every classroom has access to a high-quality mathematics curriculum. The mathematics curriculum is fully aligned to state standards—what students are expected to learn and be able to do at the end of each grade level or course.