We are halfway through the school year, but it’s not too late to adopt habits for success with a strong morning routine and perfect attendance for the second semester!
The benefit of attending every class, every day, on time is not just a myth! Perfect attendance ensures students are on track with their coursework and studies. Missing just three days per month can put students at risk for falling behind in class. You can’t control unexpected events in your life, but you can better prepare for them.
Here are 7 achievement tips to help families and students regain focus and finish the school year strong.
1. Harms Elementary School has an attendance agent that works with families to ensure students have back up transportation/and or carpooling. Connect with Ms. Butler today, at (313) 438-4532 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Wake up 10 minutes earlier.
3. Prep your meals, outfit, and pack your school bag the night before.
4. Avoid TV in the morning.
5. Arrive to school 10 minutes earlier than you normally would.
6. Go to bed at the same time on weekends and school breaks, get your 8 hours of sleep!
7. Is unfinished homework your reason for missing class? Call the Homework Hotline at 833-466-3978 Monday – Thursday, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. (excluding holidays and school closures).
Remember, when students rise, we all rise!