Check Out Five Things You Need to Know This Week!
Welcome New Board Members and New Executive Officers
- New Board Members: LaTrice McClendon and Dr. Iris Taylor
- Re-elected Board Members: Angelique Peterson-Mayberry and Bishop Corletta Vaughn
- Standing Board Members: Misha Stallworth West, Sonya Mays and Sherry Gay-Dagnogo
- Board Chair – Angelique Peterson-Mayberry
- Vice Chair – Misha Stallworth West
- Treasurer – Sonya Mays
- Secretary – Dr. Iris Taylor
Celebrate our Staff! The 2023 Champions of Education: DPSCD Teachers and Leaders of the Year Gala fundraiser sponsored by the DPS Foundation is on Feb.1, 2023. This is one of the DPS Foundation's biggest fundraisers of the year. Have a company or know of someone who wants to support our staff, please have them Purchase Tickets Today! Drum roll please, our five DPSCD Teachers of the Year nominees are:
- Beverly Snyder – Detroit Lions Academy
- Candice Jackson – Mann
- Cynthia Hollingshed – Clippert
- Kimberly Robertson – J. R. King
- Tavia Davis – Southeastern High School
We will profile each teacher leading up to the Gala! We will announce the other nominees and winners at the Gala!
When: Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 6 PM – 8:00 p.m. EST
Where: Samuel C. Mumford High School 17525 Wyoming Avenue Detroit, MI 48221
Report Card Day is Near! Semester one report cards will be available for download and viewing on Monday, January 30. Families can access report cards via the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
To View Student Report Cards:
- If you have more than one student with a PowerSchool account, select the student
- From the main page of Parent Portal, select STUDENT REPORTS
- Click on the report you would like to view. You should select the Report Card option that matches the student’s grade level.
- The report will open, and you will have the option to print.
Parent Academy Workshops This Week: This week’s Parent Academy highlights include an understanding FAFSA workshop on Tuesday, January 24 from 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., a session on how to protect yourself online on January 24 from 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m., and training on navigating the Parent Portal, Wednesday, January 25 from 5:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m. All sessions are free to attend, registration can be found by clicking here.
Support for Homeless Students and Families: The Office of Homeless and Foster Care’s goal is to identify and support homeless young people so each student can successfully participate in the learning environment and meet state and local academic achievement standards. If you believe your children may be eligible, please contact the Office of Homeless and Foster Care to find out what services and support may be available.
Stay updated weekly, by visiting DPSCD's Family Newsletter, an updated weekly version is sent every Monday at 6 p.m. by SMS text and posted to the web: detroitk12.org/families Don’t miss a robo call/text -- If you opted out of receiving text messages but would like to receive them, please text START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency message.