Gala Executive Summary
The Detroit Public Schools (DPS), as a system of urban education, was founded on February 17, 1842. Throughout its history, the District has educated millions of city residents within pre-kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school curricula.
DPS, and now the Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD) has graduated a multiplicity of students that have become local, statewide, regional, national, and global leaders.
With the theme of “Come Home,” we will salute those worldwide DPS/DPSCD alumni from closed/open high schools, and now retired or officials within multiple careers, and establish the DPS/DPSCD Hall of Fame for the Detroit Public Schools Community District - Central Office new location at 9026 Woodward Avenue; Detroit., Michigan 48202.
The Come Home Alumni Hall of Fame Gala & Alumni Weekend is a trademark District event that is a formal attire gala including:
- Distinguished, first-class alumni dinner
- Recognition of universal alumni
- Honor ceremony for prestigious alumni with exceptional awards
- Paramount set of extraordinary alumni and student performances
- Development of a pivotal mechanism for DPS/DPSCD alumni associations or groups to adjoin with present District students and establish life-changing educational and career skillsets for our eventual high school graduates of today, yet potential international leaders of tomorrow.
The Come Home Alumni Hall of Fame Gala & Alumni Weekend is a Detroit-based event with a V.I.P. Reception, Gala, and Afterglow for 500-700 combined District alumni, students, officials, partners, and overall, guests. The Gala is a premier and unparalleled event! We want to provide alumni with the following mandate for the accentuation of DPSCD student matriculation from kindergarten, elementary, middle to high school through enrollment; attendance; academic growth; college & career readiness; and graduation rates.