Munger elementary Middle School offers a broad-based comprehensive athletics program in partnership with the Detroit Public School Community District Department of Athletics with over 4 primary athletic sports teams.
- Girls/Boys Basketball
- Girls Volleyball
- Girls Cheer
- Boys Soccer
The goals are to cultivate each student-athlete’s mind, body, and spirit in ways that inspire, teach positive life lessons, and create enjoyment. Specific emphasis for each participant includes:
- Athletic Performance: Skill Development, health and nutrition, tactical strategies, mental toughness, strength and conditioning;
- Academic Achievement: Demonstrate scholarship, prepare for high school athletics, maintain academic eligibility;
- Leadership: Guide others to reach their highest potential, lead through both word and actions, work as a cohesive unit to achieve common goals;
- Citizenship: Show respect for others, commit to team, invest in the community; and
- Sportsmanship: Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and class; pursue victory with honor.