Edison Arrival/Dismissal Procedures
Edison student safety is extremely important to us. Therefore, students should NOT be dropped off at school prior to 7:15 a.m.
- The arrival bell will ring at 7:30 a.m. and students may enter their classrooms.
- Students who eat breakfast at school should arrive on-time.
Morning Student Bus Entrance
A staff member will supervise the students entering the building each morning at the main entrance (outside the office) at 7:25 am. The staff member will greet students and line students up until the morning bell rings.
(Montessori / Kindergarten / 1st Grade Hallway) Student Hallway Procedures: Under the guidance of Educational Staff Members, students will be responsible for entering the building, hanging up their belongings, and placing lunches/snacks in the cafeteria container located outside their classroom door. Students will quietly enter the classroom and retrieve their breakfast. Each teacher will practice this procedure with their students to make sure the students understand what is expected.
(2nd-5th Grade) Student Hallway Procedures: The students will be responsible for quietly entering the building and proceeding to the 2nd floor to hang up their belongings. They will then quietly in a line outside their classroom door until the bell rings. Each teacher will practice this procedure with their students to make sure the students understand what is expected.
- First dismissal bell will be at 2:40 – all students riding a bus should report to their bus line.
- Montessori & Pre-School GSRP students will be picked up from the auditorium.
- Kindergarten students will be picked up in front hallway (gym)
- 1st Grade - 3rd students will exit out East Door #2
- 4th - 5th Grade students will exit out West Door #7
Students being picked up early: Although it is not recommended, Parent/Guardian will proceed to the office to sign student out, administrative assistants will call for students to be sent to the office.
Students riding a bus: Students will be dismissed by teacher and walk to the assigned bus line. They will remain quietly seated against the wall until they are asked to walk out to their bus.