Regular attendance is directly associated with better learning experiences, improved test taking, grades, and students’ self-esteem. Follow these tips with your child(ren) to ensure they’re in class (online or in person), every day, on time!
Establish a school routine:
· Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
· Have a plan to get to bed about the same time each night, allowing for 8 hours of sleep.
· Prepare lunch or breakfast the night before.
· Set an alarm clock to get out of bed on time.
· If transportation is an issue, try setting up a carpool group with a neighbor or fellow school parent.
· Students should do homework before watching TV, playing video games, or chatting on the Internet/phone with friends
· Ask for help with schoolwork when needed.
· Try not to schedule dental and medical appointments during the school day.
· Have your student ask for missed work and make up assignments.
Finally, a reminder that Every Day Counts when it comes to your child’s learning and attending school in the District. Wednesday, October 7 is Count Day for the fall. Please help us ensure an accurate count of our students by having your child in class whether its face to face, online or in one of our Learning Centers on October 7.
For more ways to stay engaged in your child(ren)’s attendance, connect with your school’s Attendance Agent to set up an attendance plan to keep your student on track for the school year