Rise Up with DPSCD: Make Every School Day Count!
Whether learning in person or online at DPSCD’s new Virtual School, regular attendance is vital for our students to stay on track and get ahead! This week, the fall count period gets underway with Count Day on Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
Students and families can look forward to fun activities ranging from ice cream socials, pizza parties, a bike slow-roll, karaoke, cider and donuts and much more as District schools celebrate Count Day! In addition, every student that attends all their classes on Count Day will receive a voucher to attend a Pistons or Motor City Cruise basketball game. Vouchers will include a free ticket for a student, plus a discounted ticket for a parent or guardian. It’s cool to be in school! But wait, there’s more!
Attendance Challenge: Students that attend all their classes every day for 10 straight days (from October 6-October 19) will be eligible to receive awesome prizes for students and for entire schools in the following categories:
- School with the best attendance during a 10-day window: The school will receive a special lunch and assembly celebration with a surprise guest in November.
- School with the most improved attendance during the window – week 1 vs. week 2: All students in the school will get a school pride T-shirt.
- Students who attend all their classes every day during the 10-day challenge window: All eligible students will be entered into a grand prize drawing for:
- Five students will win an iPad Air!
- 100 students will win either wireless headphones (students in grades 6-12) OR a 3D Art Pen (students in grades K-5), both valued at $50! PLUS, a $50 Amazon gift card!
- All student winners will also get a $50 gift card to Meijer for their parent(s), or guardian!
For information on available resources to help drive your child’s attendance, please visit https://www.detroitk12.org/esdc. We know, when students rise, we all rise!