COVID-19 Helpful Links
If you or somebody you know is experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, with possible exposure to someone who has traveled or potentially been exposed to COVID19, please seek immediate medical help and contact:
- Detroit Health Department: 313-876-4000, 24 hours a day
- State of Michigan MDHHS COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-535-6136, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The best defense against any contagious illness is frequent and effective handwashing and seeking immediate medical assistance if experiencing symptoms.
Below are recommendations that we included in our letters to families and staff.
- Washing your hands with soap and water.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider.
Please refer to the links below for the most current information on taking precautions, symptoms, and situation updates.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC COVID-19 Link: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- CDC Steps to Prevent Illness: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- CDC Protect your family: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
- CDC Guidance for Schools: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/schools-faq.html
- CDC Talking With Your Child about COVID-19:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Resources and Links
- MDHHS COVID-19 Link: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/
- MDHHS COVID-19 What to do if you have been exposed: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coronavirus/Person_Exposure_Final_3-25-2020_684832_7.pdf
- MDHHS COVID-19 Link for Childcare & School Administrators: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_98157---,00.html
- MDHHS COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-535-6136, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week
- 2-1-1 Hotline: Please dial 2-1-1 to get connected to available mental health resource in your area. Michigan 2-1-1 is a free service that connects Michigan residents with help and answers from thousands of health and human services agencies and resources right in their communities—quickly, easily, and confidentially.
Detroit Health Department
- DHD Link: detroitmi.gov/health
- DHD Hotline: 313-876-4000, 24 hours a day; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DHD COVID-19: https://detroitmi.gov/departments/detroit-health-department/programs-and-services/communicable-disease/coronavirus-covid-19
Online Mental Health Services
Community Care Services provides outpatient mental health and substance use disorder treatment for children, teens, and adults in Southeastern Michigan online through Telehealth. Telehealth will connect you to treatment through your computer, tablet or smartphone. A phone call option is available for those without internet access. For telehealth assistance, or to schedule an intake appointment visit Community Care Services at comcareserv.org/ or call 313-389-7500.