- Cass Tech
Cass Tech Decorum 2019 - 2020
CT Decorum 2019-2020
In addition to the rules and procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct, Technicians are expected to cooperate fully with the policies set forth in this document.
Student apparel should not be revealing, tight, see-through, or distracting in any manner and must meet the following:
- Tops/Shirts: solid green, solid white or solid black with no writing or graphics
- Pants: full length, solid khaki, solid black or solid green with no rips, cuts or tears, no leggings
- Dresses/Skirts: knee length or longer, solid khaki, solid black, solid white or solid green with no rips, cuts, or tears
- Lightweight Jackets/Sweaters: These items may be worn as long as they are solid and are of the colors outlined above. All other outerwear must be removed and placed in lockers.
- Cass Tech Club/Team Paraphernalia: These items may be worn on Fridays only.
- Game/Competition Shirts: These items may be worn on the day of competition with permission from administration.
- Shoes: These items must be closed toed and closed heeled no sandals, flip flops or house shoes are allowed
- Students are not to use elevators without a valid elevator pass.
- Student aides are allowed elevator usage only during the period for which they are aiding and must have a valid elevator pass provided by the staff member to whom they are assigned.
Hallways, Lockers, Restrooms, & other Non-Classroom Areas:
Students are allowed to use the restrooms and lockers before 8:00 am and during the 5 minute hall passing times between classes. Otherwise, students should adhere to the following:
- Students may not be in the hallways, restrooms, or any areas outside of those designated on their schedule without a pass. All passes should be written in the planners provided and must be signed by a staff member.
- Students may not walk the hallways with cell phones, earbuds, mp3 players, tablets or other electronic devices. Any student found in the hallways with any of the items listed above will be subject to having that device confiscated.
Students may use their lunch hour to meet with teachers or counselors, or attend the book store or media center. Students are expected to adhere to the following:
- Students must follow the rules stated above regarding hallway etiquette during their lunch hour.
- Students must have their planner signed by a staff member if they leave the dining commons prior to the end of lunch dismissal.
- Students are allowed the use of personal electronics while in the Dining Commons during their lunch hour.
- Students may not roam the Dining Commons and must remain seated after picking up their lunch until the bell sounds at the end of the period.
- Students may not take food out of the Dining Commons.
- Students are expected to take responsibility for keeping their area clean and must deposit lunch trays and all waste in the trash receptacles provided.
Students are not allowed to stay on Cass Tech’s campus beyond 3:30 unless they are participating in an approved after school activity with an adult sponsor present.
Leaving the Building:
Students are not permitted to leave the building during the school day prior to dismissal without being signed out by a parent or guardian for any reason.
Failure to comply with these directives or any other given by a staff member will lead to detention, suspension, or further disciplinary actions!!!