We’re saving a seat for your student. Enroll today!
Here's how to enroll:
- Complete and upload a digital enrollment packet
- Request a paper packet by mail
- Visit an Enrollment Drop Box
For a list of schools, enrollment information, drop box locations, and details visit detroitk12.org/enrollnow.
Students are rising at DPSCD. Students are engaged, test scores are improving, students are exercising the Expect Respect values and our certified teachers are implementing curriculum aligned to the standards. Our parents are engaged through the Parent Academy.
Everyone is playing their part to help students rise. We are committed to raising student achievement through a strong curriculum, academics, electives, clubs, and whole child resources and support.
Enrollment is open for the 2020-2021 school year. This year we have experienced remarkable progress toward fulfilling the goals of Blueprint 2020, despite the challenges we are facing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have 110 Pre-K-12 neighborhood schools, our schools provide unique programming and are connected to each community and its legacy.
- DPSCD offers three Career Technical Centers, where high schools students can discover their passions by engaging in hands-on training and work-based learning opportunities. Students connect classroom learning to real-world opportunities through project learning, job shadowing, and paid internships. To begin the enrollment process for a CTC, take the interest here. Learn more about programs at detroitk12.org/CTE
- DPSCD’s five Examination High Schools are accepting applications. The deadline to apply is June 29, detroitk12.org/examschools.
- The first window is now closed for all Application Schools with the exception of DSA Pathways - Detroit School of Arts and the Middle School Arts Conservatories. Round 2 for all other Application Schools will open on June 8, 2020. Please complete this survey to express interest in an application school(s) and to receive updates on Round 2. Learn more about the DSA Pathways program and apply today at detroitk12.org/DSAPathways.
What’s Needed to Enroll?
To enroll a child, all new families will need to complete an enrollment packet. Families will also need to provide the following information:
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Child’s birth certificate or birth record
- Child's immunization record or waiver
- Transcripts or report cards
- Two forms of proof of address: Driver's license, Detroit ID, W-2, pay stub, public assistance documents, official government mail, utility bill, etc.
Be part of the rise! Learn more about schools and offerings at www.detroitk12.org/enrollnow.
As the largest public education school district in Detroit and in Michigan, DPSCD is committed to fully supporting your family, below are a few highlights:
- DPSCD implemented new highly rated, state standards-aligned English and mathematics curricula for students in grades K-12.
- All DPSCD teachers are certified.
- All high schools offer career pathway programs. Learn more at detroitk12.org/careerpathways.
- High Schools offer dual enrollment courses with local colleges and universities where students can earn up to eight college credits at no cost.
- DPSCD has restored arts and physical education District-wide.
- DPSCD offers three Career Technical Centers, where high schools students can discover their passions by engaging in hands-on training and work-based learning opportunities. Students connect classroom learning to real-world opportunities through project learning, job shadowing, and paid internships. To begin the enrollment process for a CTC, take the interest survey here. Learn more about programs at detroitk12.org/CTE
- All DPSCD seniors qualify for free college tuition through the Detroit Promise Scholarship Program. Learn more at www.detroitchamber.com/econdev/education-and-talent/detroit-promise/.