Stay Smart with Summer Learning Experiences
Register your children today, for DPSCD Summer Learning Experience 2022, for an opportunity to engage in enriching activities that will increase their academic success and allow them to explore skills and interests, including STEM, performing and visual arts, academic enrichment, and physical fitness in a camp-like atmosphere. We want to help you make an informed decision regarding Summer Learning. Therefore, please carefully review the information below regarding our offerings for your children starting July 11, - August 4, 2022.
This year, we have identified 32 Summer Learning Sites. There will be 20 K-8 sites, 6 High School Sites, 1 Virtual School, and 5 Center-Based Schools. Meals and transportation will be provided. Our course offerings will focus on supporting students to take academic enrichment courses and/or take academic credit recovery courses. Also, we have partnered with Community-Based Organizations to provide summer programming services to promote physical and emotional well-being of students and families.
To enroll your children at any of our Summer Learning locations, please complete the applicable enrollment link below. Please be advised the enrollment window is from May 9 -- June 24.
Current DPSCD Students: https://bit.ly/DPSCDSummer22
New District Students: https://bit.ly/NewDPSCDSummer22
Kindergarten Bootcamp: https://bit.ly/KBootcamp2022
Important information regarding summer programming:
- Summer program dates: July 11th - August 4th for students (16 days) Monday- Thursday
K-8 Programming Information
- K-8 Sites: Will offer in-person learning experiences only
- K-8 Hours: Student hours: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (4 hours); Lunch 12:30pm -1pm
- K-8 Enrichment Hours: 1:00pm-3:30pm Extended Enrichment 3:30pm-5:00pm
- K-8 Transportation will be provided for all eligible students to a host site within proximity of their home school. Please be advised that transportation will be provided only for students who plan to attend both the academic program which starts at 8:30am and the enrichment session which ends at 3:30pm. Parents who elect for their children to participate in the Extended Enrichment hour (3:30pm- 5:00pm) will be responsible for securing pick-up arrangements.
High School Programming Information
- High School Sites: Will require mandatory in-person attendance. Students will learn using Edgenuity
- High School Hours: Student hours: 9:30 am- 1:30 pm (AM session) will be provided transportation; however, all PM students 2:00 pm- 4:25 pm (PM Sessions) families will be responsible for transportation
- HS Enrichment Hours: 2:00-6:00 pm. Athletic camps will be held at two sites, Mumford High School and East English Village Preparatory Academy. Transportation will be provided to HS Enrichment; however, families will be responsible for transporting students home from HS Enrichment at 6:00pm.
ESE Center Based Information
- ESE Center based Sites and Hours: Programming is Monday-Thursday Only
Diann Banks-Williamson & Jerry L. White 9:00am-3:00pm
- Turning Point 9:00am-3:00pm
- Kindergarten Bootcamp: Kindergarten Bootcamp is a four-week (July 11-August 4) summer program that helps prepare pre-kindergarten students and their parents for kindergarten. Parents are required to attend. Programming hours are from 8:30am-12:30pm. Meals are provided.
*ONLY Current Virtual School students will be eligible to receive virtual learning experience
We look forward to serving your students in the summer. In the event you may have additional questions, you can access our frequently asked questions link on our website or please email our Summer Learning Experience customer service using this link: email@example.com.