Join the Cougar Family! Fall Enrollment
Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary and Middle School is known for our caring educators and staff, Calm Classroom meditation techniques and raising literacy and mathematical thinking. We believe strongly that educating the whole child leads to sustainable success.
We would love for you and your scholar(s) to join the Cougar family!
How to Enroll
Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary and Middle School will be open from September 4th, 2019- June 19th, 2020 from 7:30 am -2:40 pm.
What to Bring:
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Transcripts or report cards
- Two forms of proof of address: Driver's license, Detroit ID, W-2, pay stub, public assistance documents, official government mail, utility bill, etc.
- Complete the DPSCD enrollment form and bring it to the school in which you wish to enroll. Printed forms are also available at each school building.
Enrollment must be completed at the school building. Your child will not be enrolled until all required documents have been submitted.
For additional details, visit Fall Enrollment.
Pop Up Enrollment Centers
Detroit Public Schools Community District will operate six Pop-Up Enrollment centers across the city. Don’t wait until September to enroll! Secure your child’s seat by dropping into a Pop Up Enrollment Center near you to take care of your enrollment needs.
The centers are one-stop locations for enrolling children in school for the 2019-20 school year, regardless of their grade. Learn how to apply for application schools and examination high schools.
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
July 29 through August 23
Brenda Scott Academy 18440 Hoover Amelia Earhart Elementary-Middle School 1000 Scotten
Gompers 14450 Burt Road Mackenzie 10147 W. Chicago Ronald Brown 11530 E. Outer Drive Benjamin Carson High School of Science and Medicine 571 Mack