Resources Are In Your Community
UPDATED FOOD & OTHER RESOURCES, 4/22/20
- WEDNESDAYS 8:30am -1:00pm – (5) frozen meals. PATTON Park drive-through, 2301 Woodmere.
- Senior Home Deliveries, request Meals on Wheels 313-446-4444
- Other Delivery options: Time Bank 313-451-0135, Mutual Aid 734-506-6649, Gleaner’s 866-453-2637 ext. 245
2-FAMILIES with children
- DAILY MON-FRI 8:30-1:30 –Food boxes. PATTON PARK, 2301 Woodmere
- MON & THURS, 8am – 1pm – Breakfasts/Lunches to go. WESTERN High School, or for other schools: 2-1-1, or https://app.cecdetroit.org/
- WED APRIL 22 (biweekly), 9am-12pm – DELRAY Rec Center/PCS, 420 Leigh St. 20-30 pounds of food. Future time change - 5/6, 5/20, 6/3, 6/17 @ 2:30-5:30.
- WED APRIL 22 (bi-weekly), 2:30-5:30pm – Roberto Clemente 2631 Bagley
- THURS APRIL 23 (biweekly), 11am-2pm -UNI 8300 Longworth
3-GENERAL PUBLIC FOOD
- MON-TUE-THUR-FRI 9am-4pm & WED 1pm-7pm – Crossroads, 2424 Grand Blvd & 15th St. Requires Intake assessment first, call 313-831-2000.
- MON-THURS 10am-2pm – St. Andrews & Benedict – 2430 Beatrice 48217, 313-381-1184
- MON-WED-SAT – Mon & Sat 10am -1pm, Wed 2pm-5:30pm – FREC/Mercado, 2626 Bagley – By Appointment Only Zips 48209, 10, 16. Call 313-963-8880. Requires: government issued ID and proof of income
- TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY – All Saints, 7824 W. Fort St. Requires: government issued ID for 48209, -10, -16, -17, -18. Tues 10:30-12pm, Wed 1pm-3pm.
- TUESDAYS -- Holy Redeemer, call to confirm 313-842-3450
- WEDNESDAYS 12p-2pm – 6125 Beechwood. Requires ID for 48208, -09, -10. (313) 897-5503
- Other sites: 2-1-1, or Gleaners: 866-453-2637 ext. 245
4-OTHER ASSISTANCE (alpha by topic)
- DIAPERS -- (734) 506-6649, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GENERAL – SW MUTUAL AID (734) 506-6649.
o To GET help, or GIVE help to others— food access, legal aid, one-time funds, and help with other services. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rkSqBbpASt0Xg7Va3bIXm8drZG3XN53TLtGg5PjD8TM/viewform?edit_requested=true
- HATE CRIMES 313-456-0180
- IMMIGRANTS ASSISTANCE
o Video from the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) about immigrant access to health care, and unemployment insurance (including DACA). Call about Covid-19 impacts for immigrants: 734-239-6863
- INCOME TAXES now Due July 15
- INTERNET ACCESS
o FREE 2-MONTHS – COMCAST https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
o Wifi HOT SPOTS FREE https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/open-xfinity-wifi-hotspots
- JOBS 866-500-0017, or TTY 866-366-0004
- MENTAL HEALTH - SUICIDE CRISIS HOTLINE 800-273-TALK, or Text “TALK” to 741741
- PRESCRIPTION DELIVERY - Contact local pharmacy about options
- PRICE GOUGING /SCAM ALERT, report 877-765-8388
- PROPERTY TAXES 313-224-3035
o No deadlines in 2020 - Must apply and be approved.
o File HPTAP form by May 1st to affect summer bill. (Form attached)
- RENTER EVICTIONS -Temporarily halted, but tenants are still responsible to pay rent.
o If you currently have a judgment, you could be facing an eviction when the court reopens. If you need assistance call (313) 355-3352 or email at email@example.com.
- STIMULUS CHECKS www.irs.gov, to register.
- TESTING FOR COVID –FREE: Requires first to get a Pre-screening call:
o Call Your doctor, or Detroit Hotline (313) 876-4000, or these:
o CHASS Clinic 313.849.3920
o Wayne Co hotline 734-287-7870
o Michigan hotline 888-535-6136
o Drive-thru testing – Only if Pre-screened - (313) 230-0505 (transportation for $2)
o CVS Test site in Dearborn- Must register: cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing.
- UNEMPLOYMENT 866-500-0017, Hearing impaired TTY: 866-366-0004, www.michigan.gov/uia
- WATER Restarts - Wayne Metro 313-386-9727. Water distribution 844-429-2837