First Day Expectations Face-to-Face
- Face-to-Face Schedule- 7:30 A.M. - 2:40 P.M.
- One entry door- THE BACK DOOR OF BUILDING
- Temperature checks when entering
- All students, staff and parents will enter through back door
- Students, staff and parents will conduct a quick temperature check at the entrance
- Cleared students and staff will report to assigned classroom
- Students with temperatures of 100.4 or higher will be immediately sent to the holding room with adult supervision. The school nurse will conduct a medical check. The school nurse will report medical assessment to school administration. The student will remain in the holding room until cleared by school nurse or pick-up from parent/guardian
First Day Expectations-Virtual
Log onto Microsoft Teams via the student's account using Connected Futures device
- Virtual Schedule- 7:30 A.M.. - 2:40 P.M.
Please join the virtual classroom on time on a daily basis
- Log in by simply clicking on the "Clever" icon located on the desktop
- Students will use the same link to join Microsoft Team on a daily basis
- Join class by 8:25 A.M..
Accessing DPSCD Student Account
- Type into web browser - "Clever.com"
- Click Enter
- Select - "Login as a Student"
- In the search bar, type in - Name of School - "Keidan Special Education Center" (if the school does not populate, type in "Detroit Michigan")
- Select "Keidan Special Education Center" from list
- Click "Log in with Active Directory"
- Next screen will ask for Email or (Username) and Password
- a. Username is studentIDnumber@thedps.org (be sure to put ".org". For example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password is: Upper First Initial
- Lowercase Last Initial
- Month of birth (two digits)
- Year of birth (last two digits)
- Gender Code
- "01" - Male
- "02" - Female
- Once signed in, student's dashboard will appear on screen
- Locate purple "Teams" icon to log into Virtual Learning platform
- You may need to enter students' Username/password again
- You will then be directed to your student's account
Face-to-Face Learning Environment
- Class size reduced so that all desks can be separated by six feet
- Students will be grouped to better track and monitor student and staff movement (contact tracing) should a confirmed case of COVID-19 occur
- Teacher provides in-person instruction
Questions? Download our FAQ's here:Online Teaching and Learning FAQ's
Video: Click to View (E)
What to Expect for Elementary Instruction this Year
Video: Click to View (MS)
What to Expect for Middle School Instruction this Year
Video: Click to View (HS)
What to Expect for High School Instruction this Year