Every Day Counts!
Fast Facts About Attendance:
1. A student is chronically absent when he or she misses 10 percent of schooling throughout the year. That's around 2 days per month.
2. 18,000 students (1 in 4) in DC are chronically absent, and in high school, that number jumps to 1 in 2 students.
3. Students who attend school every day are more likely to graduate from high school and earn more money as adults.
4. Nationally, 75% of students who are chronically absent in 6th grade drop out of high school.
5. Kids who attend preschool every day are more likely to be reading on grade level in 3rd grade.