Vernor DoJo Policy 2019-2020
Our goal at Vernor is 100% Student Engagement and Positive Parent Communication
Class DoJo is a parent friendly app that increases parent school communication and promotes positive student engagement and school culture. All staff at Vernor Elementary Use Class Dojo
- Every teacher sets up a Class Dojo classroom and shares the link with parents so they are constantly updated on their child's behavioral successes or challenges throughout the day.
- The app tracks students' points which can be used once a month to purchase items from the PBIS store.
- Every month, students with the targeted amount of positive Dojo points may receive extra treats such as an ice cream party, popcorn and a movie, or extra recess time.
- Class Dojo also has a messenger feature that allows teachers and parents to communicate directly with each other via text.
- We encourage every parent to download the Class Dojo app if possible and connect with your child's teachers. Families may contact the office at 313-494-7342 or visit the ClassDojowebsite for more information
Parents, you will receive a welcome letter from your child’s homeroom teacher, please be sure to fill it out and send it back to school. We look forward to engaging in meaningful daily feedback with you regarding your child.