Please visit the Detroit Public School District for the Code of Conduct
Respect yourself, the teacher and others
- Show respect for the teacher, yourself and others always.
- Respect others’ property. Avoid touching or writing on anything that does not belong to you (including desks, textbooks, teacher’s belongings, walls, chalkboard, etc.). Don't expect that others will clean-up your messes. Please pick-up after yourself.
- Respect yourself and the rest of us by using appropriate language and wearing appropriate clothing refer to Dress Code.
- Be a kind person.
- Put forth your best effort at all times
Be prepared for class each day
- Come prepared with all materials necessary:
- An organized class binder containing all necessary materials and handouts
- Loose-leaf paper, pens (blue or black), and pencils
- A red or purple pen for grading in class or underlining important elements in note taking
- Highlighters for emphasizing important text
- A planner to help keep you organized - the most successful students are organized.
Preserve a positive learning environment
- Student actions that interfere with teaching or learning in the classroom will NOT be tolerated.
- Use class time to learn do not spend your time grooming, sleeping, talking, writing notes, playing cards, listening to you Ipod, text-messaging friends, or doing work for other classes.
- Minimize classroom interruptions by arriving to class on time and not leaving the classroom during the hour.
- Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
- Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
- Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
- Attendance is essential for optimal learning.
Expected Behaviors for School Cafeteria
- Stay in line /No cutting.
- Use inside talking voices at all times.
- Clean up after yourself. Use trash bins.
- No Running or Horseplay
- Respect the cafeteria environment and Cafeteria Staff
- Follow directions.