Cell Phone Policy
We understand that cell phones have become a way of life, a convenience that has impacted all of our lives in one way or another. However, in the school environment, cell phones have
become a distraction and sometimes a method for the illegal exchange of information. Ringing cell phones or text messaging during class time, will negatively impact student achievement.
All Davison Elementary-Middle school students must adhere to the following Cell Phone Policy:
- Students are NOT allowed to use cell phones during the hours of 7:30 a.m.- 2:40 p.m.
- ALL cell phones will be collected by the homeroom teacher and then stored in a safe
location. Phones will be returned by the end of the 8th hour class period, before dismissal.
- If a student is caught with a cell phone during school hours, it will be confiscated and
stored in the Main Office. Students who violate this Policy will face the following
- 1st Offense: The cell phone will be given to a staff member. It will be stored for the remainder of the school day and then returned to a PARENT/GUARDIAN.
- 2nd Offense: The cell phone will be given to a staff member. It will be stored for the remainder of the school day and returned after an official Hearing is held with
an Administrator. At this time, disciplinary actions will be determined such as a
suspension from school.
If there is ever an emergency or a need to contact your child during school hours, please
simply call us at 313.252.3118.