The Playworks program allows students to engage in health, constructive play through team games and recess. The goals to improve our student's physical health, social and emotional learning. Coach Gee meets with all K-th grade students every week and emphasizes the Six Playworks principles.
1. Every kid has the opportunity to play from the classroom to the playground
2. Kids get to choose games that make them happy.
3. Kids have the right tools to resolve playful conflicts on their own.
4. Adults play alongside kids to model and support positive interactions.
5. Play is not treated as a reward that can be taken.
6. Everyone is welcome to join the game and play together!