Mackenzie offers several competitive athletic programs on top of other extra curricular programs for our scholars:
- Girls and boys basketball for grades K-8
- Cheerleading grades 5-8
- Cross country, football, and track is Middle School only
- Summer SEEK program (free summer camp)
- 5,000 Role Model Mentoring Program
- Bible Club
- Home of the K-8 Athletics for Detroit Public School Community District
- Free after school tutoring for grades K-8
- Academic Games
Summer camp is always a time to meet new friends and have fun! If your child is up for the challenge and enjoys learning, this summer program is for them! The SEEK program is an engineering summer program for grades 3-5 boys and girls. Spots fill up quick so register today!
- The program is a three week session
- July 15- August 2
- Monday -Friday
5,000 Role Model Mentoring Program
District initiated program to encourage our young men to make positive decisions, the importance of education, and the strive to become better people!
Every Tuesday starting in October through April members from a local church come to Mackenzie and teach lessons on the Bible and teach students the importance of knowing themselves, respecting themselves and others, and how to face day to day challenges at home and at school.
This program focuses on student growth in ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies. Practices are held weekly and games are on Saturdays at various school locations.