FLICS appropriate dress/uniform policy is as follows:
Slacks and Pants
- NO jeans, jeggings, leggings, yoga pants or stretch pants are allowed.
- All slacks and pants must be a solid color:
- Elementary School – Navy blue
- Middle School - Khaki
- Slacks and pants can be pleated or flat front, full length and appropriately fastened at the waist
- Belts must be worn if slacks/pants have belt loops.
Skirts, Shorts, and Jumpers/Skorts
- All skirts, shorts and jumpers/skorts must be solid in color
- Elementary – Navy Blue
- Middle school- Khaki
- Shorts, skirts and skorts must be modest and appropriate
- Shorts, skirts and skorts must have a 9-inch seam and be no more than 2 inches above the knee.
- If wearing a skirt or skort, black or navy knee high socks, stockings or tights must be worn.
Shirts and tops
- Shirts and blouses must have buttoned down or straight collars. Turtlenecks and polo style shirts are permitted.
- All tops must be worn tucked inside pants, slacks shorts or skirts
- All Scholars must wear approved colors required by the school
- Manufacturer trademarks, if any, must be one inch or less. DPSCD school logos are permitted and are not limited in size.
Shoes and Footwear
- All shoes must be black or navy
- Students must wear closed-toed shoes at all times.
- Flip-flops, house shoes, moccasins, slide-ins, and sandals (shoes with exposed toes) are not permitted.
- Shoes must be laced up, with tongue inside, and tied securely. Pant legs must be worn over the shoe.
Jackets, Cardigans, and Sweaters
- Jackets and Hoodies and hood sweatshirts are NOT ALLOWED in class
- Cardigans and Sweaters should match uniform: Solid Navy Blue, White or Black.
- Must be worn over a collared shirt, polo style shirt and turtlenecks
- NO hats or other head coverings are permitted, including do-rags, skullcaps, hoodies, scarves, hairnets, athletic sweatbands, and bandanas, anywhere inside the building at any time, except where mandated by legitimate religious requirements.
The following actions will be taken when students are out of uniform:
- 1st Violation – Warning and Call Home
- 2nd Violation – Written notification sent to parent and Call home
- 3rd Violation – Parent called immediately – appropriate attire must be brought to school or Scholar will serve In-School Suspension.
- 4th Violation – Mandatory parent conference with Dean of Students. (Parent Conference must be held before your child can return to school)
- 5th Violation – Mandatory parent conference with your child’s teacher and principal
- Further violations may result in suspension
Administration reserves the right to prohibit clothing not specifically listed above that is inappropriate and/or creates a disruption to the learning process.