Bell Schedule-8:00 AM -3:20 PM
- Attendance is a high priority at Cass Tech High School. Student achievement The attendance rate is important because students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It's difficult for the teacher and the class to build their skills and progress if a large number of students are frequently absent. ... School budgets may suffer when students don't attend.
- Arrivals, Late Arrivals and Dismissal and Early Dismissals: All students should plan to arrive by 7:45 AM as Instruction for First Hour begins at 8:00 AM. Students are considered Tardy when entering class at 8:05 AM or later. Late arrivals are those arriving to the School Building at 8:15 AM or later. Those students will not be permitted to attend their first hour class and will be detained in the vestibule until the bell sounds for Second Hour.
- The school day concludes at 3:20 PM each day unless otherwise noted. All students are expected to attend school until the completion of the school day. ALL Early Dismissals must have an authorized parent or guardian sign the student out in the main office. Parents must be in the office BEFORE the start of 7th hour (2:20 PM) to have their student called from class for Early Dismissal. Absolutely NO early dismissals will be granted after 2:20 PM.
- All Late Arrivals and Early Dismissals will be recorded on the student’s attendance record and are not considered as Excused.
- Students are not allowed to stay on Cass Tech’s campus beyond 3:30 unless they are participating in an approved after school activity with an adult sponsor present.