SAFETY!!!! SAFETY!!!!! SAFETY!!!!!
The safety of Ralph J. Bunche Preparatory Academy students is at the forefront of our concern!!! It is very important for our parents to follow the rules that Bunche has in place!! We want to create an environment where students and staff are comfortable and feel safe. WE ARE ASKING THAT ALL PARENTS ADHERE TO THE ENTERING AND EXITING PROCEDURES OF THE BUILDING.
FOLLOWING THE DOOR POLICY/RULES
All parents of Kindergarten through 8th grade students will not be allowed to enter the building unless you need to see office personnel. Parents of Pre-K will enter the building through the front door. All middle school students must enter through door #3 by the small playground (same from last year). All K-5th grade students must enter through door #2 by the small playground and stand behind their room numbers. AGAIN, NO PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING EXCEPT PRE-SCHOOL PARENTS SIGNING THEIR PRE-SCHOOL CHILD IN.
Bunche students should arrive at school between 7:20 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Any student that arrives at school prior to 7:30 a.m., earlier than 7:20 a.m., will not be allowed to enter the building. Bunche is working on a latchkey program for early October. More information will be forthcoming. When weather is not permitting, students will be allowed to enter the building and go directly to the cafeteria no earlier than 7:20 a.m. Bunche students are dismissed at 2:40 p.m. every day. It is imperative to allow all students to obtain their full hours of instruction; therefore, we are asking parents NOT to pick up their children early. If you must pick up your child early, they must be picked up by 2:10 in order to be released. All students are mandated by the state/district law to have so many instructional hours. If those hours are not met, according to the state/district law, your student will be retained in that grade the following year. An early pick-up hinders the student from receiving their allotted instructional hours. PARENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PICK UP THEIR CHILDREN 30 MINUTES BEFORE DISMISSAL!!
THE MAIN LOT IS FOR STAFF PARKING ONLY!!!!!! Violators will be towed at owner’s expense. Parents and visitors parking is in the circle and designated area on the map attached.
The safety of the students is the most important goal during drop-off and pick-up. We all have the responsibility to see that every child is safe. In addition, we need to keep traffic moving to facilitate student arrival and dismissal in a timely manner. It is imperative that the following rules are observed:
- On the Macomb side, please go around the circle to drop-off. Do not leave your vehicle. Do not drop off on the opposite side of the street. Keep moving forward as cars in front of you leave. Parking rules will be enforced and tickets will be issued to those that do not adhere to the city’s parking guidelines. A Police Office will be patrolling the area!
- Only Pre-School parents will be allowed to enter the building with their students. The staff at Bunche would like to receive and dismiss your children in a safe and timely manner; therefore, traffic must be kept to a minimum.
- If there is a need for parents to enter the building to visit the office, parking will be allowed in the designated area located on the attached map.
- Do not enter the parking lot to drop off your children. Staff is still arriving; therefore, we need the parking lot cleared for moving traffic.
- Be patient! You are training your child(ren) on how to follow rules and laws by the example you set.