We are excited that you are interested in enrolling your child in our Montessori program. Our enrollment process will begin Spring 2020. We believe our Montessori program is second to none and offers the opportunity for all students to reach their fullest potential. Prior to enrolling your child into our program it is important that you deeply understand the Montessori Method. To learn more about the Montessori Method visit the American Montessori Societies webpage: https://amshq.org/Families or visit the National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector: https://www.public-montessori.org/montessori/.
Important Enrollment Information
- Montessori students are enrolled on a first come first serve basis.
- Students may enroll in Montessori Pre-K to Grade 2 with no previous Montessori experience.
- Any family wishing to enroll a student in Grades 3-6 Montessori will need to demonstrate previous Montessori experience. Documentation might include transcripts, reference letters, and/or report cards.
- Current DPSCD Montessori students do NOT need to re-enroll unless they wish to transfer to another Montessori location.
Required Documents for DPSCD Enrollment
- Enrollment Form
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Health Appraisal Form
- Transcripts or report cards
- Two forms of proof of address: Driver's license, Detroit ID, W-2, pay stub, public assistance documents, official government mail, utility bill, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about DPSCD's Montessori Program or would like to visit our Montessori schools please contact us at 313.332.4646.