Leadership Development Programs
Why Develop Leaders?
- Educational leadership research asserts that the quality of school leadership is only second to the quality of teachers when assessing whether student achievement will occur.
- Increasing leadership capacity is an important factor in the overall success of any organization including urban school districts.
- Current and aspiring school leaders will benefit from job-embedded professional development designed to develop individual skill in leadership competencies. Improving the overall quality of leadership within the district will result in improved outcomes for students.
Goals of Leadership Development
- Identifies, cultivates, and sustains leadership talent in the district.
- Provides an avenue for career advancement for district teachers.
- Develops a pipeline for future assistant principals and principals.
- Improves student achievement at scale.
Aspiring Assistant Principals
Intensive Principal Preparation
* = Participants in the Aspiring Assistant Principals program must have all of their administrative credentials.
If you are interested in learning more about the programs listed above, please click here.
Interested in applying for a position with DPSCD. Click here.