Transportation Overview Amid COVID-19
In accordance with the District's Reopening of Schools Plan, all District-run transportation will proceed as follows:
- Students will be required to wear a mask on the bus and transportation vehicles. If a student doesn't have a mask upon entry of the bus or transportation vehicle, a mask will be supplied to the student.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizer upon entry of the bus or transportation vehicles. Hand sanitizer will be supplied on each bus and transportation vehicle.
- Students will only be allowed to sit one student per seat to the greatest extent possible. Siblings who live together will be allowed to sit next to each other.
- Students who fail to adhere to the COVID-19 transportation guidelines will be referred to school-level administration.
- Frequently touched surfaces on transportation vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each route.
- Weather permitting, windows may be open while the vehicle is in motion to help reduce the spread of the virus by increasing air circulation, if appropriate and safe.
- The Office of Student Transportation is currently scheduling routes based on transporation guidelines. Routing information is scheduled to be mailed on August 27, 2021. Families should receive transportation postcards the week of August 30, 2021. Please call 313-945-8600 if you have not received your transportation information.