West Side Academy is proud to sponsor numerous programs and organizations for our students.
- Women of Tomorrow - Women of Tomorrow is a mentoring and scholarship program that pairs professional and highly accomplished women who motivate and teach critical life skills to at-risk students through mentoring sessions.
- International Club - In 2018 and 2019, Assistant Principal Monteleone hosted students on two European trips. Students and staff visited Greece, Italy, France, England, Wales and Ireland.
- Michigan Youth in Government - This program provides leadership training to meet the needs of a democratic society, and strengthen young people through character development.
- Journalism - Students compose articles and stories for the print and web-based newspaper, The Detroit Dialogue.
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- Chess Club - WSA's chess club competes at various schools throughout metro Detroit.
- Business Professionals of America (BPA) - BPA offers students the chance to develop valuable leadership skills and make connections that last a lifetime.
- Academic Games - Students can participate in competitions in which players win by out-thinking each other in mathematics, language arts, and social studies.
- West Side Academy students may participate in athletics at their neighborhood school. Please contact our administration at 313-456-8000 for more details.