Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Safety! Safety! Safety!
The safety of Ralph J. Bunche Preparatory Academy students is at the forefront of our concern!!! It is very important for our parents to follow the rules that Bunche has in place!! We want to create an environment where students and staff are comfortable and feel safe. We are asking that all parents adhere to the entering and exiting procedures of the building .
Following The Door Policy/Rules
All parents of Kindergarten through 8th grade students will not be allowed to enter the building unless you need to see office personnel. Parents of Pre-K will enter the building through the front door. All middle school students must enter through door #3 by the small playground (same from last year). All K-5th grade students must enter through door #2 by the small playground and stand behind their room numbers. Again, no parents will be allowed in the building except pre-school parents signing their pre-school child in.
We encourage you to allow your student to fully benefit from their educational experience by attending school the entire day. In the event your child has to leave school before the end of the school day, please take note of the following: Only persons listed on your child’s emergency card, with valid state ID, should be sent to sign a child out of school. Parents must call or send a written note on the day of an early pick up indicating the reason & time of dismissal. This written explanation will also help us determine whether the early pick-up is excused or unexcused. In the case of an emergency, please call the front office as soon as you can to set up an early pick up. Tardiness and early pick-ups are considered a form of student absence, 1-3 hours in a given day will be recorded as a ½ day absence. OUR DOORS ARE PROMPTLY LOCKED EACH DAY AT 2:10 PM. EARLY PICK-UPS ARE NOT PERMISSIBLE AFTER THIS TIME.
The main lot is for staff parking only! Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
The safety of the students is the most important goal during drop-off and pick-up. We all have the responsibility to see that every child is safe. In addition, we need to keep traffic moving to facilitate student arrival and dismissal in a timely manner. It is imperative that the following rules are observed:
- On the Macomb side, please go around the circle to drop-off. Do not leave your vehicle. Do not drop off on the opposite side of the street. Keep moving forward as cars in front of you leave. Parking rules will be enforced and tickets will be issued to those that do not adhere to the city’s parking guidelines. A Police Office will be patrolling the area!
- Only Pre-School parents will be allowed to enter the building with their students. The staff at Bunche would like to receive and dismiss your children in a safe and timely manner; therefore, traffic must be kept to a minimum.
- If there is a need for parents to enter the building to visit the office, parking will be allowed in the designated area located on the attached map.
- Do not enter the parking lot to drop off your children. Staff is still arriving; therefore, we need the parking lot cleared for moving traffic.
- Be patient! You are training your child(ren) on how to follow rules and laws by the example you set.